Thursday, July 26, 2007

When Persistence Becomes Stupidity

Some men and women are persistent. It works for them. Sometimes you have to be persistent in going after your goal. Why is it so difficult for some people to understand the word "NO"? But you have to love the line "I bought a box of condoms and wanted to see how many I can use tonight."

The dating scene, something I do not miss and the reason I have a permit to carry a weapon.

I've always had this personal rule. If a guy has the courage to ask you out, as long as he appears to practice some type of personal hygiene, I will accept. I never let dates pick me up at my home. I always agreed to meeting them.

Needless to say I am thankful for this.

John was a friend of a colleague. We met at a fundraiser. Most of the night he spent talking with me, asking about my work, what my interest were. Normal stuff, right?

By the end of the night, John appeared safe, normal and friendly so I didn't have any reason not to agree to see him the following weekend for dinner and a play.

He asked several times if he could pick me up, he didn't want me to have to fight the traffic into the city. I thanked him but declined.

We met at this place known for it's diversity and local talent. John did not seem to interested in the dinner and later, when the theatre started, he kept trying to get me to leave with him. I figured, once the show was over, I would make an excuse and go home.

After it ended, John asked if we could catch last call at another bar. I thanked him and told him I had to go, that I had to work early the next morning. He asked if we could grab a cup of coffee instead. Again, I thanked him but told him, I still have to work early the next morning.

By now I am thinking he is acting odd.

I have to give him a little credit for persistence.

As I started to walk towards my car he asked me if he could talk me into going to his house for a drink. Again I declined. I thanked him for the date and told him it was nice meeting him.

He stepped in to kiss me goodnight and I figured what the hell. At least I don't have to see him again. He opened my car door, I said goodnight and drove off.

When I pulled into my driveway I was surprised to see a car pull in behind me. John had followed me home. I got a little nervous at that point. It was late and I lived alone.

He got out of his car and smiled at me. This really irritated me. I asked him what he was doing. He said he had planned to spend the night with me when we first met. He purchased a full box of condoms and wanted to see how many we could use.

I figured I did not know if he was dangerous or just stupid. I did not want to anger him and at this point I was scared. I told him two of my brothers were police officers and they were inside sleeping. I didn't stop shaking until after I was in the house and he left.
Cyrena

You too can post your dating story on Dates Out Of Hell. Click here to find out how!

No comments: